Our Winter 2020 model Brianna Justine’s top five most-treasured possessions.
1. Starbucks apron. I’ve wanted to work at Starbucks since I was 15 years old. I applied and applied and almost gave up. After COVID-19 hit, I decided to give it one last try, and they finally hired me on! It’s a great company to work for.
2. Walking stick. I got into hiking as a freshman at SEMO, and I found this on one of my first hikes. It’s the perfect shape, and it has accompanied me on all kinds of adventures into the woodlands of the Midwest.
3. Fenty lipgloss. I keep this gloss on me at all times. Sometimes, we don’t look or feel as put together as we planned. When we look good, we feel good. When we feel good, anything is possible. A little bit of gloss, and I feel ready to take on the world.
4. Nunu (teddy bear). Nunu has been with me since I was a baby. At one point, I couldn’t sleep without him! He usually resides in my car these days, accompanying me on trips all over the country.
5. My EMC (Actor’s Equity Association) card. I worked at Ozark Actors Theatre in Rolla a few summers ago. It was my first paid acting gig away from Cape Girardeau. I earned my first equity points, and I was nominated for a regional Broadway World award — best actress in a drama! I was so proud of the work I did that summer, and my EMC card reminds me of all of the wonderful experiences I gained that summer.